Your Source for Labour Market Information
As a division of Energy Safety Canada, PetroLMI’s mandate is to develop leading-edge research, tools and resources to increase awareness and understanding of the energy industry and career opportunities and to support attraction and retention of a skilled and productive workforce.
About Careers in Energy
In response to a need for a credible and comprehensive source of Canadian energy industry career information, the PetroLMI Division of Energy Safety Canada created Careers in Energy. The Careers in Energy website was developed as a way to:
- Provide an overview of Canada’s energy industry
- Share monthly labour force data
- Describe what it’s like to work in the industry
- Detail the many career options available within the industry
- Explore and compare careers and the qualifications, skills, training and aptitudes needed to change careers in the energy industry
- Forecast employment needs
- Report workforce trends
- Provide resources for employers
The site launched in November 2007 and has grown and evolved with Canada’s energy industry. The development of the site was directed and funded by key stakeholders and is the result of the work and collaboration of our key partners:
- Canadian Association of Geophysical Contractors (CAGC)
- Canadian Association of Energy Drilling Contractors (CAOEC)
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP)
- Energy Safety Canada
- Petroleum Services Association of Canada (PSAC)
- The Explorers and Producers Association of Canada (EPAC)
- Government of Canada’s Sectoral Initiatives Program
- Government of Canada’s Future Skills Centre
- Government of Alberta
This website is funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Sectoral Initiatives Program as well as the Province of Alberta working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.
Skills Match – The Energy Fit project is funded by the Government of Canada’s Future Skills Centre.