Careers in Energy provides flexible, fully funded learning options in partnership with industry-leading training providers.
These programs provide opportunities for anyone interested or already working in energy to upgrade their skills while learning how their knowledge can be applied or transferred in the growing energy industry.
Develop your future on your terms—learn to market your skills, develop your digital knowledge, and expand your understanding of sustainability and environment, social and governance (ESG) practices. Take the next step in building your career.
Canadian Clean Energy Shuttle Program
This fully funded program helps Canadians target careers in clean energy
The energy industry’s focus on a low-carbon future is opening doors for people with transferable skills that will be in high demand. Careers in Energy (CIE) and Higher Landing have teamed up to offer the Canadian Clean Energy Shuttle Program (CCES) that empowers new and current energy workers to reimagine themselves in the new energy landscape. This program is Canada’s first clean energy career management program designed to help professionals evolve their careers in the sector.
Commitment and outcomes:
- Online delivery with a commitment of approximately 20 hours per week for 12 weeks.
- Identify their strengths, interests, values and purpose.
- Uncover opportunities in the clean energy job market.
- Learn to build their personal brands and market themselves.
- Pitch themselves to a panel of senior energy industry leaders in Higher Landing’s famous Grizzly Den.
Sustainability in Energy Micro-credential
Don't miss this upskilling opportunity available to all existing and new Canadian energy workers
Looking to upskill and learn more about sustainability and environment, social and governance (ESG) practices? Look no further than geoLOGIC systems’ online micro-credential program designed to provide workers with foundational ESG knowledge and skills. Gain an understanding of the part you play in positively impacting the energy industry’s sustainability and emissions reduction goals.
Commitment and outcomes:
- Self-paced eLearning modules—commitment of approximately 50 hours over 12 months (about 4 hours per week) required.
- Four live webinars with industry leaders and sustainability experts.
- End-of-course assessments allow participants to demonstrate their subject matter proficiency.
- Micro-credential is awarded to those who successfully complete the modules.
Digital Upskilling Programs
Become a tech professional
Canada’s energy industry is innovating, transforming and diversifying at a pace never seen before. Lighthouse Labs and Careers in Energy have partnered to offer digital reskilling and upskilling training programs to address gaps in targeted skills and workforce requirements.
Reposition yourself for success in Canada’s energy future! Apply for these training programs and expand your career opportunities into the increasingly digitized energy industry. Take the next step to begin your career in data science, web development, cyber security and other exciting digital careers.
Commitments and outcomes:
- Online interactive and hands-on training.
- Two learning streams; digital reskilling or digital upskilling: Reskilling will develop an entirely new skill set that will prepare you for entry into a new career.
Upskilling will elevate data literacy to improve decision-making at all levels.
- Technology stipend is available to eligible participants.